maple leaf
maple leaf

we do

2 people in field with laptop and windmills

Interprovincial Transfers

Registration Transfer and Multi-Province Registration 
If you are currently a Professional Agrologist (PAg), agronome (agr.), Registered Technologist in Agrology (RTAg), practicing in one province and wish to be registered in another province due to a work transfer or because you intend to work in more than one province, your professional designation is immediately recognized by the new province(s).  For example, a PAg or agr. could hold dual memberships with two provincial institutes.

This is the fundamental principle of labour mobility in Canada that must be adhered to by the all the provincial regulators.


The provincial institutes have adopted a standard process making it easy to transfer registration  in one or more than one province. The process is consistent with labor mobility requirements of the Canadian Free Trade Agreement, revised and signed by federal Ministers in July 2017 (formally called The Agreement on Internal Trade).  The process is efficient, reduces paperwork, and ensures the public is protected.

If you are currently a Professional Agrologist (PAg or agr.), follow the three-step process below:

  1. Complete a registration application form from the new provincial institute(s) where you want to become registered. The registration form is necessary as it allows the new province to capture needed information and open a new file for you.
    See an example of a Specimen Transfer Form
  2. Contact your home institute; inform them you are required to become registered in another province, and provide authorization to send your file to the other province(s).  Note that if you are ceasing membership in your original province; check when your current membership will be terminated.
  3. Remit the appropriate fees in the new province(s).

For further information on the agrology profession in one of the nine provinces go to Provincial Regulators.

Registrars and Admissions Committees 

The Federal Labour Mobility Coordinating Group (LMCG) developed a Guide for Regulatory Authorities.  The document outlines guiding principles for requesting information during the application process for inter-provincial transfer of regulated members.