Prince Edward Island Institute of Agrologists – click here for full listings
Agriculture Climate Action Specialist – Department of Agriculture and Land
Closing Date: June 24, 2021
New Brunswick Institute of Agrologists – click here for full listings
Contract positions inspecting pedigreed seed crops based on the Canadian Seed Growers Association’s (CSGA) varietal purity standards. Inspectors receive training through the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and are responsible to remain up to date and compliant with all procedures. Inspectors are supported by a Lead and team of inspectors and are responsible to work with Growers to complete a number of field inspections within a designated area. Knowledge of agriculture and farm practices, physical fitness, timeliness and the ability to work independently are key attributes for this position. This is a contract position with part time hours.
Grand Falls, New Brunswick
Prince Edward Island
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Agriculture knowledge
- Ability to work independently/self directed
- Computer competency
- Excellent communication skills
- Fit and able to walk long distances in all weather conditions
- Attention to detail
- Organized and punctual/Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Willing to travel within a 150km radius to complete inspections
- Approximate timeframe:
- New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan – July through to November
- Peace Region, Northern Alberta – July through to September
- Attend online CFIA classroom training and pass online exam ~ late June (TBD), then attend 2-6 days in field training with experienced inspector to prepare for in field examination administered by CFIA
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication with Growers, Lead inspectors, and the rest of the AgCall team
- Ability to identify off-type and variant plants in different crop types by keying in on specific varietal characteristics
- Identify all Noxious Weeds on the Weed Seeds Order as well as certain common weeds, and basic plant disease
- Maintain grower confidentiality
- Supply reliable vehicle with a minimum of $1,000,000 in personal and third-party liability insurance for the duration of the project
- Work efficiently to complete all assigned seed crop inspections within specified timeframe.
To learn more and apply, please visit this LINK.
Newfoundland and Labrador Institute of Agrologists– click here or for provincial government listings, click here
Nova Scotia Institute of Agrologists – click here or for the Federation of Agriculture, click here
Nova Scotia Federation of Agriculture: Operations Manager
Closing date: June 27, 2021
Perennia: Agriculture Research Technician
Closing date: June 28, 2021
Perennia: Agriculture Technical Development Specialist
Closing date: June 28, 2021
Ordre des Agronomes du Quebec – click here for full listings / Cliquez ici pour voir la liste complète en français
EXPERT – POULTRY PRODUCTION STRATEGY – SOLLIO AGRICULTURE
Workplace: On the road and telework
Status: Permanent, full time
THE CHALLENGES WE OFFER
Sollio Agriculture’s poultry sales team is looking for an expert in poultry production strategy to support its table egg producers. As a privileged business partner, you will ensure the development of farms within our territory by advising them on all the elements influencing their profitability and will contribute to the influence of the organization and its products through participation in business events.
Reporting to the poultry sales team manager, your mandate is to:
- Accompany and support the sales teams of the Sollio group’s network of cooperatives to increase sales related to the laying hen
- Planning and monitoring laying hen farms
- Make the link between breeders, producers and the federation of egg producers for documentation related to the regulations
- Perform technical follow-up with target customers
- Carry out technological watch in your field of expertise and analyze the information obtained in order to anticipate the evolution of the sector and fuel the network’s capacity for innovation
- Support the development of the cooperative network teams and the Sollio Agriculture sales team on the various livestock management systems
- Coordinate the holding of special days for farmyard animals, in particular by ensuring the supply and coordination of agreements
- In partnership with the team, maintain business relations with the McKinley Hatchery and in order to ensure efficient logistics of the laying hen genetic sector
- If necessary, ensure a presence with producers and corporate farms while meeting their technical objectives
- Act as a speaker and participate in provincial events for the benefit of business development and the promotion of Sollio Agriculture
This position requires regular travel within Quebec and frequent trips outside Quebec.
YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING PROFILE
- University degree in agronomy or DEC in agricultural techniques
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in poultry production, whether in sales, technical monitoring or in an advisory role
- Member of the Ordre des agronomes du Québec or agricultural technician / technologist acting under the supervision of an agronomist
- You are proficient in Microsoft Suite software
- You have a command of French and English both orally and in writing
- You are recognized for your excellent customer sense, your strong communication skills, your agility and your ability to work in a team.
- You have an excellent quality of judgment, a good analytical mind and demonstrate rigor and capacity for synthesis
The Club Agro-Environnemental de l’Érable is an organization offering advisory services to agricultural clients in the Center-du-Québec region. We are looking for an agri-environmental advisor with experience in agri-environmental advisory services and in the implementation of agri-environmental fertilization plans.
The agrologist’s mandate will be to carry out various projects related to our agri-environment service. Among others, he or she must:
- Advise and support agricultural producers in their agri-environmental approaches
- Participate in crop monitoring, soil sampling, weed screening, pesticide recommendations as well as follow-up on recommendations
- Carry out agro-environmental fertilization plans (PAEF), phosphorus balances and agri-environmental support plans (PAA)
- Carry out CA requests or project opinions
- Perform administrative follow-ups
- Popularize with producers the various regulations, laws or policies having an impact on agriculture
- Collaborate in the management of agri-environmental projects
- Have relevant experience for this job
- Have a BAC in agronomy and be a member of the Ordre des Agronomes du Québec or in the process of being so
- Have a good knowledge of the agricultural environment of Center-du-Québec, including field crops (asset)
- Be customer-oriented and have a sense of entrepreneurship
- Have a marked aptitude for written and verbal communication
- Have recognized skills with the various computer programs used in the context of their professional practice (VIAFerti, QGIS, SIGA, Soltice, RPlus Net, Microsoft Suite, etc.)
- Have knowledge of administration
- Have a car and a valid driver’s license
- Have a sense of initiative, organization and priority management and have a capacity for analysis and popularization
- Reimbursement of training and development activities, contributions to a professional association, professional insurance
- Competitive and indexed salary scale
- Schedule adapted for work-family balance
- Varied tasks, both in the field and in the office
Work schedule : 4 days / week shift (32 hours)
Place of employment : Plessisville
Salary: $ 23.41 to $ 26.33 / h
AGRONOMIC ADVISOR – Vegkiss Productions
A leader as a producer of broccoli and cauliflower, Vegkiss is a Quebec company that grows and packages its products (broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce). Thanks to its involvement in seeds, harvests, packaging and transport, the company offers its customers unmatched freshness and quality! www.vegkiss.com
Reports to: Senior Production Manager
Department: Vegkiss Products Inc.
Location: Sainte-Élisabeth, QC
The incumbent is responsible for advising and supporting agricultural production teams in all aspects including fertilization, harvesting, soil health, disease prevention, and crop rotation. The person will be responsible for monitoring the various field trials (varieties, products, soil work, etc.). Also, the application of the regulations in force will be his responsibility. This position comprises approximately 50% of administrative tasks and 50% of external tasks in the fields.
- Support the Senior Production Manager in all aspects of horticultural production.
- Develop and follow the planting and harvest schedule in concert with the Senior Production Manager.
- Coordinate the development of the fertilization and pest control program for each crop.
- Monitor plant health during the growing season.
- Coordinate field scouting activities and ensure follow-up.
- Make agronomic recommendations for the applications of phytosanitary products.
- Manage the inventories of agricultural products (in particular fertilizers and pesticides).
- Oversee the entry of inventory and product applications into the production monitoring software.
- Monitor the quality of the post-harvest product (storage and packaging).
- Ensure the establishment, monitoring and documentation of crop trials.
- Support the Production Manager for:
- develop intervention strategies for the rational management of pesticides;
- weed control;
- optimize irrigation systems and monitoring water quality;
- identify best fertilizer fractionation practices;
- study production costs.
- Write or coordinate the development of PAEFs for the various companies.
- Make recommendations on methods of improving food production.
- Provide scientific advice on the optimal use of fertilizers and pest control.
- Help set up good farming practices on all the land.
- Raise awareness and promote agricultural practices favoring soil preservation, biodiversity and natural resources among the various stakeholders.
- Advise in the development of land for agricultural use.
- Organize training and information activities.
- All other related tasks.
PROFILE OF SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Training / Experience / Certification
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in agronomy
- Member of the Order of Agronomists of Quebec
- 10 years of experience, including a minimum of 5 years in vegetable growing
- Experience in organic farming
- Have an excellent command of French and English, both oral and written
- Ability to speak Spanish (asset)
Skills and aptitudes required
- Have excellent communication skills (be able to popularize)
- Great ability to work in a team
- Great skill in planning, executing and monitoring activities
- Good physical ability
- Great capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Be independent
- Be self-taught
- Office work environment (+/- 50%)
- Outdoor work (+/- 50%)
REGIONAL DIRECTOR – Pride Semences
In order to fill the position of regional director in Quebec left vacant following retirement, PRIDE SEMENCES is looking for a person capable of concentration and motivated to join its dynamic team.
The successful candidate will join a winning team focused on delivering unique products and services. The successful candidate will also provide reliable agronomic support in order to increase the yield and profitability of agricultural businesses in Quebec.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will work directly with the sales, marketing and product design teams. He will see to the sale, promotion and positioning of PRIDE SEEDS corn hybrids and soybean varieties to retailers and agricultural producers in Quebec. This person will be responsible for the planning, development, recruitment and training of stakeholders for a growing network of distributors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in agronomy and with three to five years or more of experience in sales and agronomy.
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des agronomes du Québec or commitment to obtain this designation is required.
- Excellent computer skills, ability to present content in various environments (live, video, virtually, etc.), ability to collaborate and work in a team.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
PRIDE SEEDS is part of Ag Reliant Genetics. This group offers one of the largest corn breeding and testing programs in North America. We focus on the seed. We provide successful seed solutions to Canadian farmers.
The use of the masculine gender is only used for the purpose of lightening the text.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT – Les Fraises de l’Île d’Orléans inc.
Les Fraises de l’Île d’Orléans inc. is a Canadian leader in the production, marketing, scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED) of soilless or traditional crops, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. www.fioinc.ca
Number of positions to fill: 1
- Regularly scout fields to monitor insect pests, biological control aids, diseases, weeds and plant development.
- Communicate and discuss the results of observations with the manager.
- Recommend solutions to phytosanitary problems according to the principles of integrated pest management
- Fertilization and irrigation (data collection, monitoring and programming of fertilizing irrigations in soilless and open fields, etc.)
- Maintain the company’s phytosanitary intervention register and monitor the inventory of inputs
- Participate in monitoring food safety and security and maintaining the company’s Canada Gap records.
- Participate in the data collection of scientific research and experimental development projects.
- University diploma in agronomy or DEC in agricultural techniques (technician under the supervision of an agronomist)
- Member of the Ordre des agronomes du Québec
- Good sense of observation and ability to work in a team
- Know how to use Office software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent physical condition and good availability
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Spanish and English is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume to Annie Van Sterthem at the email address: email@example.com
GRAINS TRADER -AGRI-MARCHÉ
DID YOU KNOW THAT AGRI-MARCHÉ:
- Feeds and raises animals everywhere in Quebec
- Has been around for over 105 years
- Has nearly 500 employees in Quebec and Ontario
- One of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada
WORKING AT AGRI-MARCHÉ MEANS:
- Be part of a proactive, innovative and competitive team
- Share your ideas and contribute to the realization of projects in a multidisciplinary team
- Have access to a comprehensive group insurance plan
- Being able to save for retirement knowing that your employer is contributing
- Be surrounded by friendly people who are passionate about agriculture
YOUR ROLE WITHIN OUR TEAM
As a grain trader, you will be an important player in a dynamic team specializing in commodity trading. Always on the lookout for market trends, you will be able to advise clients concerned with obtaining the best quality-price ratio for the purchase of grains and by-products. By telecommuting, you will carry out purchase and sale transactions with our suppliers and customers located in southwestern Quebec, northeastern Ontario and the United States. When the situation allows, you can even meet them to maximize business opportunities.
Here is an overview of your mandate:
- Monitor and interpret the stock markets
- Identify opportunities to generate buy or sell transactions
- Participate in business development by visiting producers, users and transporters
- Carry out buy and sell transactions with suppliers and customers
- Inform customers about the use and benefits of the products sold, new products and technological changes
- Generate growth for the Saint-Hyacinthe grain center
- Promote the company and find business opportunities by participating in various agricultural activities (e.g. agricultural exhibition, conference, producers’ meeting, social evening, golf tournament, etc.)
- Contribute to the development of the grain process in a culture of participatory management
- You are bilingual (you will have to negotiate in English)
- You have a college or university education relevant to the position, such as administration or agroeconomics
- You have 5 to 10 years of sales experience: you are an excellent communicator, even on the phone
- You like to work with financial data
- You are results oriented and customer service oriented
- You demonstrate autonomy in the management of priorities and the organization of your agenda
- You are comfortable with computer tools (MS Office, SAP)
- You know the agricultural and grain sector (asset)
HEAD OF AGRONOMIC AFFAIRS – The Association des Producteurs maraîchers du Québec (APMQ)
Are you interested in the market gardening world?
Do you want to make a difference in vegetable production in Quebec and work with a team of competent and committed professionals ?
The Association des Producteurs maraîchers du Québec (APMQ) has a position of Agronomic Affairs Manager for you!
About 80% of Quebec’s vegetable production comes from members of the APMQ. The Association watches over the interests of its members through its actions aimed at the development of the sector. It offers production-related services, including support for research and technological development. It positively and effectively influences the marketing and sets up programs to promote Quebec products, among other things through its mangezquebec.com campaign .
Your mandate will be to manage the various aspects of agronomy in line with the expectations of the producer members. You will be on the lookout for any changes of an agronomic nature and will see to the defense of the interests of producers as a representative with various stakeholders, including governments. You will also have the mandate to train and inform members on the various regulatory changes and to act as a registration agent for low-risk pesticides and biopesticides for the entire horticultural sector.
- Regulatory watch for laws and regulations affecting the environmental and agronomic aspects of production
- Registration of low-risk pesticides and biopesticides for the entire horticultural sector
- Writing, monitoring and / or coordination of agronomic research projects
- Represents the APMQ on various committees
- Membership Services
- Bachelor of Agronomy
- Member of the Ordre des agronomes du Québec
- Master’s degree in the horticultural sector an asset
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Expertise in the market gardening field
- Extension capacity
- Autonomy, sense of organization and versatility
- Very good command of French and English
- Strong consultation, animation, project management and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills, analysis of scientific results and synthesis
- Results-oriented person who knows how to collaborate and who wants to contribute to the team effort
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Knowledge of community life – asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Place of work: the new Place des producteurs, at 9244 boul. Pie-IX in Montreal
- Occasional trips for meetings
- Committed team
- Very pleasant working environment
- Lots of autonomy and freedom
- Competitive employment conditions, to be discussed according to experience
If you think you can contribute to our mission, we hope to have the pleasure of meeting you!
Although all applications will be carefully analyzed, we will contact only those selected. We thank you for your interest in our organization.
The use of the masculine has been favored for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
Manitoba Institute of Agrologists – click here for full listings
Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists – click here for full listings
Senior Product Owner (AgExpert) – FCC
Closing Date: June 23, 2021
British Columbia Institute of Agrologists – click here for full listings
Intermediate Environmental Professionals *DWB Consulting* Williams Lake / 100 Mile House
DWB is seeking applications for Junior to Intermediate Environmental Professionals proficient in technical report writing and with previous monitoring experience to fill positions in our Lac La Hache office.
Candidates should have relevant formal education and a minimum of 3-5 years environmental-related experience, and must be able to thrive in demanding, fast-paced work environments. Current or eligibility for a relevant professional or technologist designation (e.g., RPBio, PBiol, PAg, though RBTech will be considered) is preferred. Experience with the following is considered an asset:
- Environmental monitoring on construction projects
- Environmental field assessments and surveys (fish/wildlife/wetland/vegetation/soils)
- Technical report writing
- Erosion and sediment control (ESC) plans
- Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMP)
- Environmental Protection Plans (EPPs)
- Understanding of environmental regulatory processes in BC
- Liaising with clients and regulators
- Conducting work in forestry, transportation, mining, and/or oil and gas sectors
In addition, the candidate should have strong organization skills, and effective relationship building skills with ability to work longer hours in a physically demanding environment, often with limited supervision. The candidate must also be comfortable with field work in remote locations and/or travel between offices.
This position is full time and available immediately, and will be based out of DWB’s Lac La Hache office, located in the Cariboo, and would be ideal for candidates residing in Williams Lake, 100 Mile House and surrounding areas. Salary to be commensurate with experience and industry standards. DWB provides a benefits package and other incentives for employees, including annual bonus, professional development, and other company sponsored events.
Please email resume with cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.