Prince Edward Island – click here for full listings
Nova Scotia – click here for full listings
New Brunswick – TBA
Quebec – click here for full listings
AGRONOMY DIRECTOR *Jardins Cousineu* Montréal
Our company specializing in the agrifood sector since 1983, and located in Saint-Constant, is looking for a candidate for the position of director of agronomy.
Under the supervision of the Director of Agricultural Services, the incumbent will have the following main responsibilities:
- Establish an organizational diagnosis of existing agronomic skills and systems, propose and implement improvements by adding new processes, new procedures and working methods, etc.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of the agronomic sector, and this, by having a field approach to production management (in Quebec and also in the United States).
- Prepare production schedules (in conjunction with the sales department) and maintain the physical inventory of raw materials for the agronomic sector.
- Plan and make changes to the choice of crops to produce, to the development of production development projects (new crops and new technologies).
- Represent the company with organizations in the agronomic sector.
- Manage the research & development file and make sure to test new varieties.
- Prepare, manage and monitor the operating, investment and cost control budgets of the agricultural department, agronomic sector.
- Develop and implement programs aimed at ensuring the effective and efficient use of inputs, labor and equipment related to the agricultural sector.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance is carried out on the agricultural equipment necessary for agronomy and recommend the replacement or see to the purchase of agricultural machinery for activities affecting agronomy.
- Manage a quality control system and set up reporting methods for the agronomic sector.
- Hire, supervise and coordinate employees in the agricultural sector.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards in accordance with company objectives and allocated budgets.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- A university degree in agronomy.
- 10 years of experience in the field of agronomy and 5 years of experience in personnel management.
- Be a member of the Ordre des agronomes du Québec.
- Have excellent interpersonal, leadership, tact and coaching skills.
- Ability to prioritize, effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and have the skills to work under pressure.
- Be an action person, flexible, able to work in a rapidly changing and constantly changing environment.
- Have a sense of responsibility and be proactive.
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Master French (both oral and written) and have functional English. Fluency in Spanish is an asset.
- Master Microsoft Office software.
- You must have flexibility in scheduling in order to meet the needs of our farming business.
- Accept to travel outside the country from time to time.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
Employment status – Permanent position
Remuneration – Competitive salary and benefits
Start date is February 25, 2020
- Mainly on the South Shore of Montreal but also occasionally in the United States.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Please send your resume to Madame Jacinthe Cousineau:
Telephone: 450-635-9000, ext. 222
Fax: 450 635-6428
SALES AND SEEDS REPRESENTATIVE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR PRODUCTION AND APPLIED R & D *Progest* Quebec City
Progest’s mission is to create, develop and manage agricultural R&D projects that meet the development challenges of the potato industry and other crops in Quebec and Canada. Thanks to its qualified and experienced resources and the assets available to do research, Progest offers potato producers and the industry associated with plant production integrated services and personalized support.
Quebec Parmentier and its three subsidiaries, including Progest, which brings together more than 25 families of potato producers, is the largest potato marketing organization in Quebec. Recognized leader in its sector of activity, the company wishes to propel its growth and is looking for a seed sales representative and responsible for production and applied R&D.
Reporting to the Director General of QP, under the guidance of Progest and the Director of Sales Business Development, you will provide operational support for the sale of seed potatoes in addition to ensuring territorial development. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining good relationships with customers and suppliers as well as ensuring the logistics of transporting the potatoes sold. You will also ensure the deployment of the company’s production plans as well as the monitoring and management of R&D projects of Progest and QP. You will also ensure the technological transfer of the results of these.
Seed sales tasks and responsibilities
- Is responsible for clients in the province of Quebec, the Maritimes and Ontario (sales, support, visits) (Territory to be defined)
- Follow up and manage customer complaints in the field
R&D tasks and responsibilities
- Set up R&D projects and monitor them
- Ensures the establishment and monitoring of cultural and variety trials
- Collaborates with different external groups for the development and monitoring of projects
Tasks and responsibilities Production
- Set up and manage the company’s production plan
- Ensures technology transfer on farms
- Assists the director of sales business development for the analysis of producers’ needs in terms of varieties
- Develops and applies innovative cultivation methods
- Monitors yields
- Performs all other duties related to the function
- Important – Bachelor in Agronomy
- Be a member of the Ordre des agronomes du Québec
- Be motivated, demonstrate autonomy and organizational skills
- Love to work outside, not to fear physical work
- Have a valid vehicle and driver’s license
Knowledge and skills
- Essential – Bilingualism mandatory
- Essential – Proficiency in Excel Software and Office Suite functions
- Essential – Autonomy, negotiation skills, sense of initiative, thoroughness, judgment, team spirit
- Starting date of employment: March 2020
- Job type: permanent
- Salary conditions: competitive remuneration in the market
- Workplace: at the Quebec Parmentier office, Quebec City and frequent trips to the province of Quebec, Maritimes, Ontario
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Please send your resume before February 21, 2020 to Ms. Audrey Boulianne by email at: email@example.com
SWINE PRODUCTION CONSULTANT *Regroupement porcin des Deux Rives*
The RP2R, with its head office in Notre-Dame-du-Bon-Conseil, is the largest pig group in the Sollio Agriculture network. It is made up of a technical, veterinary and administrative team that oversees the production of more than 450,000 pigs in the regions of Central Quebec, Montérégie, Lanaudière, Mauricie and Estrie.
This is a replacement for maternity leave for around 12 months under the supervision of the package / property coordinator, you will be responsible for the technical monitoring of various pig farms:
- Provide technical monitoring of farms under your supervision in part of the territory served (flexible)
- Contribute to the satisfaction and achievement of customer objectives
- See to the maintenance of health monitoring established by veterinarians
- See to the application of standards covered by animal welfare (BEA) and Canadian quality assurance (AQC) in each farm
- Develop the group of consultants by your area of expertise and your experience
- Participate in the organization of commercial and technical activities for our group of pork producers
For more information, please go to https://oaq.qc.ca/emploi/expert-conseil-en-production-porcine/
For 35 years, Akifer has provided know-how and solutions adapted to the hydrogeological and environmental problems that industries, businesses, cities and governments have to face. We guarantee you rapid support as well as the highest quality execution with respect for all stakeholders.
With more than 7,000 projects to its credit, Akifer has developed recognized expertise in hydrogeology , the environment and the remediation of contaminated sites . We carry out each mandate in an ingenious, economical and sustainable way.
Akifer is looking for an agronomist to join their team.
- Lead a team of professionals and technicians in carrying out requests for compensation for financial losses suffered by producers.
- Evaluate the losses suffered within the framework of the restrictions established by the Regulation respecting the abstraction of water and their protection and the Pesticides Code.
- Support the team carrying out vulnerability studies of drinking water sources.
- Application for an extension or quarry or sandpit permit from the CPTAQ or the MELCC.
- Carry out environmental assessment and characterization studies.
- Other work related to the company’s field of expertise according to interest and competence.
For more information, please go to https://oaq.qc.ca/emploi/agronome/.
AGRONOMIST – Expert In Large Organic Crops *PleineTerre Group*
The Bio-Action club, PleineTerre’s partner club, is a group of agricultural producers working in the field of organic farming. PleineTerre is a consulting service company that works in different business sectors, such as, agriculture, agri-environmental engineering, biology and land and water management. Our team of professionals includes agronomists, engineers, biologist, geographer and technician. We offer a dynamic working environment with a varied clientele, made up of agricultural producers, municipalities, RCMs, private, public and parapublic companies.
The person will work within the Bio-Action agri-environment consulting club, which has more than 150 members, composed only of certified agricultural producers or in the process of being certified organic.
To do this, the candidate will offer advisory services in various aspects of field crop production, including soil and water management, fertilization, pest management, etc. More specifically, the person will mainly offer advisory services to around thirty producers of organic or transitional field crops in the Montérégie region, such as:
- Development of crop rotation plan
- Management of crop fertilization with green and organic fertilizers
- Monitoring of mechanical weed control of crops
- Realization of PAEF and PAA
- Supporting clients for the certification process
- Soil compaction diagnosis
- Planter calibration
- Weed, disease, insect screening
- Monitoring of various projects
For further information, please go to https://oaq.qc.ca/emploi/agronome-expert-en-grandes-cultures-biologiques/
Ontario – TBA
Manitoba – click here for full listings
Commercial/ Agriculture Account Manager Trainee *Royal Bank of Canada*
- As our Commercial/ Agriculture Account Manager Trainee, you are in a proactive, face-to-face sales role in RBC’s Commercial Banking platform. The program is based primarily in a Commercial Centre and lasts approximately 9 months.
- A mentor is assigned to coach you throughout your training. This opportunity prepares you to deliver excellent, responsive, and proactive service to commercial business clients in the areas of accounts, operating services, credit, lending, and deposits.
- Your training occurs on-the-job, combined with self-study material, interactive online courses, and classroom training.
What will you do?
- Deliver value-added financial advice and solutions that are tailored to your clients.
- Leverage sales enablers, including sales planning, prospecting, and pre-call planning tools .
- Apply a continuous-improvement approach to delivering a superior client experience.
- Develop your needs-based sales strategy for all clients and prospects in order to grow revenue, deepen client relationships and achieve a high standard of client loyalty.
For further information, please go to https://agrologistsmanitoba.ca/for-the-public/careers/coordinator-pesticide-certificate-business-development-1083-lakeland-college/
Saskatchewan – click here for full listings
Our client is an innovative seed retailer who focuses on the well-being and success of their customers by delivering value beyond certified seed.
Summit Search Group has partnered with this family owned farming operation to recruit an agronomist to join their team. This individual is a collaborative, proactive relationship builder with a passion for helping local farmers succeed. This agronomist role is not traditional in the sense that your focus will not be narrowed to production responsibilities, your insights and opinions will be heard and applied to influence the direction of their operation.
Responsibilities to include:
- Make genetic recommendations to achieve greater ROI for their customers
- Keeping up-to-date on industry trends to have proactive advice-based conversations, fueled by a passion to improve the well-being of their customers
- Marketing yourself to establish your strong reputation in the agriculture community
- Provide agronomic expertise to our clients own farming operation located outside of Regina, SK.
The ideal candidate:
- A self starter with a Degree or Diploma in Agriculture, with a minimum of 3- 5 years field experience
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) or P. Ag designation would be considered an asset
- Applicants must be registered or plan to become registered with the Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists (SIA)
- A collaborator who focuses on their customers success and providing timely service
- Technical inclination with hands on experience on the digital side of agriculture
- An energized individual who develops, fosters, and retains relationships with businesses and centers of influence. If you are looking for a meaningful career with a passionate and caring employer, then we would love to connect.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.wowjobs.ca/posting/RQudgKD6CiJf84v0MA2sbikA1zUjv2-YMwFqAuXEA7ZhHtGJcOcIQg?isp=1
FARM BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST *MNP LLP* Regina
- Assist in the delivery of consulting services to MNP’s agriculture clients, agribusiness clients and other industry bodies such as commodity associations and government in the areas of finance, marketing, and production management.
- Analyze client business information, developing financial and production projections for clients, and the preparing of business plans for major changes and new farm ventures.
- Execute Farm Management Consulting services for agriculture clients including short and long-range planning, business analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Responsible for collecting and analysing data on factors affecting production, advising farmers and farm managers on techniques for improving the production of crops and livestock, and alternative agricultural options, and advising farmers on issues such as livestock and crop disease control of pests and weeds, soil improvement, animal husbandry and feeding programs.
- Research and stay current on environmental factors affecting commercial crop production, pasture growth and animal breeding Investigate, plan and implement management procedures to cope with the effects of fires, floods, droughts, soil erosion, insect pests and diseases.
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements.
- Facilitate collaboration with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value.
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide feedback to team members Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary. • Advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable.
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly.
- Promote MNP advisory services through the delivery of presentations, writing articles, facilitating workshops or participating in community activities.
- Develop, coach, and train team members towards professional and personal development .
- Assist in conducting formal, written annual performance reviews.
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes.
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events.
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop your farm management consulting knowledge.
For more information and to apply by Feb 14, 2020, please visit https://www.sia.sk.ca/html/careers-rfps/postings-detail/index.cfm?jpID=612
British Columbia – click here for full listings
Senior/Intermediate Assessment, Remediation and Reclamation Specialist Project Manager *DWB Consulting Services* Fort St. John
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8-10 years working in oil and gas, and must be able to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced progressive work environment. This position requires membership, or eligibility for membership in the BC Institute of Agrologists. The preferred candidate will be able to work with strategic alliances both internally and externally from our DWB team. In addition, he/she will have strong communication and organization skills and effective relationship building skills, especially as it pertains to First Nations.
Current experience should include, but are not limited to:
- Disturbed site soil and groundwater assessment, remediation and reclamation,
- Project management,
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals,
- Liaising with regulators and clients,
- Understanding environmental policy and regulations,
- Scientific report writing and,
- Working with First Nations
Salary to commensurate with experience and industry standards. DWB provides a benefits package and other incentives for employees, including; annual bonus, professional development, and many other company sponsored events.
To apply by February 28, 2020, please email resume and cover letter to Jeff Beale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DWB would like to thank you in advance for submitting a resume, however only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on DWB Consulting, visit www.dwbconsulting.ca.
Senior Relationship Manager * Farm Credit Canada * Kelowna
Focus on key relationships with large, complex primary producers and plan sales strategies and tactics that appeal to both customers and prospects. You’ll tailor financing packages to meet your customers’ needs, including both lending and non-lending products, and help them build success.
What you’ll do
- Work with our largest customers to build financing packages that meet their complex business needs
- Partner with FCC Relationship Management Associates and use our relationship management process to identify and focus on key prospects
- Analyze complex loan applications and business proposals
- Build relationships with customers, prospects and external partners such as accountants and realtors
- Network and attend community meetings and trade shows to promote FCC
- Go on the road to meet with potential customers and learn about their businesses
What we’re looking for
- Confident communicator with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leader who builds relationships and embraces change
- A detailed approach to marketing, sales and appraisals
- Extensive ag industry knowledge
- Mentor who can help Relationship Managers structure deals
For more information and to apply by March 2, 2020, please visit https://fccfac.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers-carrieres/job/Kelowna-British-Columbia/Senior-Relationship-Manager_R-1001453
Intermediate Environmental Scientist *EXP* Burnaby
At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees – their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion, and diversity – and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently seeking an Intermediate Environmental Scientist in its Burnaby, BC office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Environmental investigation and Remediation support for EXP in Burnaby and the surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Independently conducting a variety of environmental investigation projects (Phase I, II ESAs, Remediation);
Project planning, implementation, fieldwork ( in town and out of town) and reporting including preparing reports and documentation for submission to the BC Ministry of Environment & Climate Change Strategy;
Participating and facilitating investigations pertaining to environmental incidents (spills);
Contributing to proposal writing and scoping;
Involvement in provincial and/or federal contaminated sites assessments, site remediation, some risk assessments (human or ecological);
Assisting project managers with scoping and budgeting for environmental work and being responsible for quality assurance of deliverables.
The Skills, Knowledge, and Ability We Seek
A minimum of 6 years of environmental experience
University degree in Environmental Science, Biology
Professional status or eligibility for professional status with a professional organization (i.e., BC Institute of Agrologists, BC College of Applied Biology)
Project management experience will be an asset
Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with clients and co-workers
Ability to work effectively in a high demand, fast paced environment
Must have a valid driver’s license
Strong written and communication skills
For more information and to apply, visit www.exp.com .
Senior Environmental Consultant, Contaminated Sites *Wittich Environmental Services* Sooke
Wittich Environmental Services (WES) is a locally owned environmental firm located in Sooke, BC. Founded in 1997, WES remains the longest operating independent environmental firm on Vancouver Island. Our environmental services include all stages of site investigation and remediation through obtaining regulatory instruments, plus construction environmental planning and monitoring activities.
The company is proud to have completed over 2,550 projects over its 23-year history. WES leverages our construction and high-resolution scanning companies, PLAN Contracting Ltd. and Scanplus Locating Ltd., respectively, to offer efficient and practical solutions in response to the business needs of our clients. WES is unique in its diversification of services and resulting control over projects.
We are looking for a highly motivated passionate individual with excellent technical, people, and project management skills developed within the BC contaminated sites consulting and regulatory environment. This individual will have a strong technical background in environmental sciences and/or engineering and the ability to manage small to medium sized projects from initiation to closure.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Solid technical writing and data analysis skills.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of contaminated sites experience.
- Proficient in the completion of Stage 1 and 2 PSIs, DSIs, and remediation.
- Experience in producing CoC (instruments) for submission.
- Solid cost estimating, proposal writing, and project control.
- Strong client focus.
- BC registered professional geoscientist, engineer, or agrologist.
- The ability to supervise field activities and work directly with contractors.
- Willing to travel and work overtime as needed, and
- A valid Class 5 Drivers Licence.
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, paid vacation time, medical and dental benefits, professional development support, heath and safety training and a supportive and dynamic work environment.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes and letters of introduction. Please include the job reference number (2020-01-SR.PM) within the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes will be maintained on file for a minimum of 6 months from the date of submission.
Job Type: Full-time
- contaminated sites assessment: 8 years (Preferred)
To apply, please visit https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=6219f5dfd6ac7243&from=cobra&tk=1e0qnv7jef1ap802&iaal=1
One position is currently available in Victoria. Other locations may be considered based on operational requirements and availability.
$65,367.78 – $81,773.78 annually
This position is also posted as a Scientific Technical Officer [Resource] 27R via Requisition 66673.
Bring your passion for research to this vital role
This position is a provincial expert providing program direction, information and guidance and scientific expertise respecting provincial silviculture and forest fertilization and nutrition contributions to legislation, policy and practice. As a scientific advisor in the field of natural resource management, this position provides professional advice on techniques and procedures in growth and yield analysis, bio-simulation modeling [forest stand dynamics] and forest mensuration. This position identifies priority research needs supporting science-based decision-making, plans and manages or conducts research projects, ensures linkages with other forest management planning, and prepares extension materials communicating research results to solve resource management and stewardship issues and improve practices at the landscape level. The research emphasis is hardwood and mixed-wood stand management.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more. Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby [OSS] provision that can be taken as taken as time off or salary on an annual basis, which is on top of four  weeks of annual leave.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be.
For more information and to apply online by February 25, 2020, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/66672
Advisor, First Nations Relations *Ministry of FLNRO & RD* Port Alberni
$58,806.85 – $73,579.13 annually
Enhance your negotiation skills and expertise in First Nation Relations in this rewarding role.
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future similar permanent and/or temporary vacancies in Port Alberni, BC.
A temporary opportunity from June 15, 2020 to November 2021 is currently available; this may be extended.
This position is also posted as a Scientific Technical Officer [Resource] 24R via Requisition 67397.
The Ministry of Forests, Lands Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development aims to deliver policy and programs to provide economic, cultural, environmental, and social benefit for all British Columbians. Our work supports a sustainable economy in all parts of the province and provides a foundation for true and lasting reconciliation with Indigenous people.
The Advisor, First Nations Relations is a vital role in the Ministry and is responsible for facilitating and leading First Nations’ consultations, and manages the process by developing the consultation framework and decision making process, establishing working relationships with the First Nations communities, organizing consultation sessions, and providing program specific professional advice. If you are an experienced professional with the leadership and negotiation skills needed to ensure the interests of British Columbia and First Nations are represented, consider this rewarding opportunity.
For more information and to apply online by February 23, 2020, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/67398
Senior Professional Reliance Officer *Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy* Victoria or Surrey
$70,049.77 – $87,622.74 annually
This position is located in Victoria but may be located in Surrey, subject to operational requirements of the ministry.
The Land Remediation Section (LRS) oversees the identification, investigation and remediation of contaminated sites in British Columbia and leads the implementation of a legislative and policy framework focusing on high risk environmental contamination, thereby ensuring the health and safety of provincial water, land and air.
This position advises senior executive and shapes strategic decision making with long term impacts based on expert knowledge of a scientific discipline that is aligned with major government programs or initiatives. Specifically, the Senior Professional Reliance Officer will be a subject matter expert on the investigation and remediation of contaminated sites in the province and provide expert advice, recommendations and decisions under the Environmental Management Act (EMA) and its regulations.
Together with the Senior Professional Reliance Officer (Biologist 30), and working with the Contaminated Sites Approved Professional Society of BC (CSAP), this Officer will lead oversight of the Director’s Roster of Approved Professionals regulatory review process, liaise with CSAP committees, ensure compliance with the Professional Governance Act, perform audits, and conduct compliance verification on documentation prepared to guide the remediation of contaminated sites. This position will also advise program managers and others charged with developing policy, regulations and guidance under the EMA.
For more information and to apply online by February 24, 2020, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/66718
McTavish Resource and Management Consultants Ltd. (McTavish) is a British Columbia company that provides professional services in the areas of environmental, resource management, forestry and agriculture. McTavish requires a vegetation technician to assist with a vegetation management program for a utility corridor between Burnaby and Kamloops, BC. The technician will work with the vegetation management supervisor and will assist with coordination of activities including field crew oversight of manual and chemical treatment of invasive plants. This is a temporary position (March – August 2020) with possible extension or transition to full-time work. The candidate may be required to assist with additional projects over the course of the contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with vegetation management supervisor to coordinate vegetation management activities.
- Conduct pre- and post-treatment assessments of vegetation management sites. Record vegetation management activities accurately.
- Monitor vegetation management contractor vegetation management activities.
- Remote field work on utility corridor between Burnaby and Kamloops, BC.
- Workdays may extend to 12 hours. Weekend work required during spraying activities.
Senior Licenced Authorizations Specialist – Water *Ministry FLNRO & RD* Fort St John
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development [FLNRO & RD] delivers holistic and multi-faceted natural resource management and rural development programs and services for the Province of British Columbia. The ministry has the primary responsibility for managing BC’s water resources including authorizations, monitoring and forecasting.
Lying east of the Rocky Mountains, B.C.’s Northeast region is a remote area of mountains, foothills, forests, lakes and the fertile Peace River Valley. Hand-in-hand with the spectacular surroundings, the region has given rise to a more relaxed, friendlier way of life. Living in largely supportive, close-knit communities, locals and newcomers enjoy the inherent friendliness that so often comes with smaller community living. Check out this video to learn more about working in Northern British Columbia.
The Senior Licenced Authorizations Specialist provides specialist services to the Natural Resource Sector in evaluating resource applications, conducting applied research, and leading or participating in complex projects. This position may supervise professional and technical staff.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more. Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken as taken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top of four (4) weeks annual leave.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area.(e.g. Association of Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia).
- Undergraduate Degree in the Natural Resource Management or a related field, or a Diploma in natural resource management or related field with a minimum of three years recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Related experience working in natural resource management; preference may be given for experience related to water management.
- Experience performing technical duties and working with key statutes (acts and regulations) that support natural resource management; preference may be given for experience related to water management.
- Experience leading a work unit (team) and directing the work of technical staff.
For more information and to apply online by February 18, 2020, please go to:https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/67127
Team Lead *SYLVIS* Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta
Do you have consulting and/or operational experience? Are you passionate about building an engaging environment that supports and challenges others to achieve their goals? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader out of our Alberta offices.
SYLVIS is a residuals management firm that provides environmental consulting and operational services to a wide range of clients in both the private and public sectors. At SYLVIS we believe that sustainability is intrinsically linked to our ability to manage our residuals through innovation. For more information on what we do, visit our website at www.sylvis.com.
What will the Team lead Do?
As Alberta Team Lead, you will be responsible for managing and leading a core group of staff members in our Edmonton and Calgary offices. Collaborating with the BC Team Lead and the Program Manager, you will provide program-level support to keep projects resourced and running efficiently. In this position you will:
- Use your leadership skills to motivate your team to achieve goals and enable successful outcomes.
- Use your management skills to support a diverse range of professionals in the delivery of consulting and operational projects that exceed client expectations.
- Use your attention to detail to evaluate team and project metrics; you will use these metrics to further support and develop both your team and the company.
- Use your creative problem-solving skills to help find innovative technical solutions to residuals-based projects in our team-based delivery of projects.
- Use your technical knowledge of residuals, agronomy, soil science, plant science, reclamation and/or other related discipline to act as a technical advisor.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
SYLVIS’ business is built on technical expertise, exceptional customer service, and a team-based approach to project delivery. To excel in this position, you will draw on your previous experiences to motivate and lead your team to deliver outstanding service.
For more information and to apply by February 17, 2020, please visit https://www.bcia.com/employment/team-lead-silvis-edmonton-and-calgary-alberta